An end of workday routine is good for many reasons. It can help you mentally decompress and “clock out” at the end of the day. When you arrive tomorrow morning, you’ll be more organized and will be able to hit the ground running, which will lead to a more productive day…and an easier time clocking out at the end of the day. It’s a cycle! Here are a few ideas for a 10-minute end of workday routine that you can enact tonight:
- Set an alarm for the end of the day, which will remind you to begin your routine. It will also encourage you to get home so you don’t linger and tire yourself out.
- Assess what tasks you’ve completed today, and give yourself a pat on the pack. These small achievements often go unrecognized but it’s important to end your day on a positive note.
- Assess what still needs to be finished this week. Update your weekly goals and tasks and decide what is most important.
- Write up a to-do list for tomorrow. Prioritize the urgent items that must be tackled first thing tomorrow morning.
- Review tomorrow’s schedule. Begin mentally preparing for tomorrow by visualizing how your day will flow.
- Clean up your physical desk and the desktop of your computer screen. Clutter is distracting and can inhibit your productivity.
- Say goodbye with a smile, and head home!
Image via perzonseo.com/Flickr.